[PDF] The Silent Qur'an and the Speaking Qur'an: Scriptural Sources of Islam Between History and Fervor
Posted on 2017-10-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mohammad Ali Amir-Moezzi | Category: Islam | Language: French | Page: 296 | ISBN: 0231173784 | ISBN13: 9780231173780 |
Description: Two major events occurred in the early centuries of Islam that determined its historical and spiritual development in the centuries that followed: the formation of the sacred scriptures, namely the Qur'an and the Hadith, and the chronic violence that surrounded the succession of the Prophet, manifesting in repression, revolution, massacre, and civil war. This is the first book to evaluate the writing of Islam's major scriptural sources within the context of these bloody, brutal conflicts. Conducting a philological and historical study of little-known though significant ancient texts, Mohammad Ali Amir-Moezzi rebuilds a Shi'ite understanding of Islam's early history and the genesis of its holy scriptures. At the same time, he proposes a fresh interpretative framework and a new data set for theorizing the early history of Islam, isolating the contradictions between Shi'ite and Sunni sources and their contribution to the tensions that rile these groups today.
The Silent Qur'an and the Speaking Qur'an: Scriptural Sources of Islam Between History and Fervor.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32328
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Silent Qur'an and the Speaking Qur'an: Scriptural Sources of Islam Between History and Fervor
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Silent Qur'an and the Speaking Qur'an: Scriptural Sources of Islam Between History and Fervor
- 2017-10-16[PDF] The Later Middle Ages in England 1216 - 1485 (A History of England)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] The Secret Life of Salvador Dali (Dover Fine Art, History of Art)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The Political Economy of Mercantilism (Routledge Explorations in Economic History)
- 2017-04-06[PDF] The Church of Notre Dame in Montreal: An Architectural History
- 2017-02-17[PDF] The Construction Net: Online information sources for the construction industry
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Political Economy of Mercantilism (Routledge Explorations in Economic History)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Origins of Globalization (Routledge International Studies in Business History)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Routledge Companion to Nazi Germany (Routledge Companions to History)
- 2017-02-13[PDF] The Routledge Companion to Medieval Warfare (Routledge Companions to History)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] The Economics of Keynes in Historical Context: An Intellectual History of the General Theory
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Old-Time Saloon: Not Wet - Not Dry, Just History
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Land Shall Be Deluged in Blood: A New History of the Nat Turner Revolt
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Ethics of Suicide: Historical Sources
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The World from 1450 to 1700 (New Oxford World History, 2009)
- 2017-01-03[PDF] The Lying Stones of Marrakech: Penultimate Reflections in Natural History,New Ed
- 2016-12-23[PDF] The Story of Buddhism: A Concise Guide to Its History & Teachings
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Is There a Right to Remain Silent?: Coercive Interrogation and the Fifth Amendment After 9/11 (Inalienable Rights)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.